Monday, March 9, 2015

THE CONTEST

For those of you who are keeping track, which, I admit, is probably not most of you, my fourth wedding anniversary approaches;






now that we have been married forever and are the best of experts at it, we have decided to use the knowledge we have acquired about each other during these years for good rather than evil--

at the beginning of the year we decided that we were old and fat and that we could only modify one side of that equation, so we started a weight loss contest. This involved, for me, eating like a normal person, which is the equivalent of a diet for me; and for both of us, better exercise routines.

All of which we had tried before, so it was time to raise the stakes.

I hate tomatoes. I have tried to love them, and I recognize that many other people in the world love them, but to me they taste like death and destruction and ruin. commutergirl, on the other hand, hates hills. She doesn't go east of 13th if she can help it. There are parts of this state she will probably never visit, and a certain temple we will probably never visit again.

wikipedia

So, obviously, if I didn't make my goal, I would have to eat a tomato pie

food network

and commutergirl would have to take the 11 all the way to the top of the Avenues.


google
Motivated by our extreme fear of tomatoes and heights, we set ambitious goals to lose weight. And we've accomplished great things, if I may say so myself.

But neither of us met our goal. Does that mean we have to do those things now?

We'll wait until after the anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! I am so glad you're still posting!! My friend Jessica is considering getting a UTa pass-- what would you say is the best route from South Provo (Cemetery) to IMed in Murray? :) any help would be appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I should check my comments more often.

      So here's the scoop--it depends on precisely where she lives:
      1) Route 831 runs down 300 South and 900 East in Provo. She can catch it on the west side of 9th East or the north side of 3rd South to Provo FrontRunner Station, then catch FrontRunner to Murray.

      2) Route 821 runs on State Street and 1860 South. She can catch it on the east side of State St. to Provo Station, then catch FrontRunner to Murray.

      3) If she lives roughly in between, the 822 runs down State Street, then 9th East, stops at BYU, then skips to UVU. Route 822 does not connect directly to a FrontRunner station, but she can get off at UVU and catch the 830 to Orem FrontRunner station, then catch FrontRunner north to Murray.

      Routes 821 and 831 run from about 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Route 822 runs 4 times north in the morning and 4 times south in the afternoon. Depending on her shift, UTA might only work in one direction or not at all.

      Let me know if you need more details--sometimes transit is crazy but if there's a way to make it work, I'll help!

      Delete