Monday, December 28, 2015

THE PRETTY LIGHT

So the bus was a little too on time today, there being almost nobody on it and very little traffic on the roads this morning. I missed it from just a few feet away, and when the other 209 came going the other direction it was followed by another man who came around the corner and stood looking off into the distance for a bus he clearly thought was still about to come.

All in all, I waited about fifteen minutes for the bus--I know this only because the 209 is supposed to come every fifteen minutes at that time of day; it was far too cold to actually check my watch or get my phone out.

As I was waiting for these about fifteen minutes, I started noticing the light from the nearby traffic signal shining on the snow near my feet. The complex interaction of the signal light with the streetlight above my head combined with the angle of the ground upon which the snow was resting, filtered by the shadow of my physical presence made the light shining on the sides of the footprints in the snow look almost burgundy when the light was red, and a cool minty color when the light was green

DON'T JUDGE ME
IT WAS REALLY COLD
AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO
I HAD TO DO SOMETHING

No comments:

Post a Comment